FIFA MA Elite Referees Course

FIFA MA Elite Referees Course

Friday, January 30, 2009

FAM in FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

Opening the FIFA Coca-Cola ranking, page 4 of 5 pages, I find the two FAMs ranking at 157 and 158. Which ever is Maldives or Malaysia will be the same as I am part of both worlds. I was blushed as I open the web page in front of my Maldivian friend; I said "my country is below yours in ranking". Luckily he was consoling by saying, "you are in refereeing not the football team". Whatever it is there is a saying, "you have not fail unless you did not get up when you fall". Rather tired as I concluded the referee assessors’ seminar discussing the performance of the match officials in the opening match of the Dhivehi League Charity Shield. It was a pleasure and an optimistic session as all the RAs shared the same assessment perspective and opinion in concluding a consistent approach in the assessment of referees for the improvement and development of referees in general. The referees must also play a part by having an open mind to absorb all comments and advice shared by the RAs later in the season. I hope and pray that these efforts will be blessed with the goodness in the referees’ performance hence forth. Excellence can happen to anybody, he can be an ordinary person, from an ordinary family, an ordinary island or an ordinary atoll if his efforts are extra-ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment