FIFA MA Elite Referees Course

FIFA MA Elite Referees Course

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Amir: A Month in Maldives


15 January 2009, a month has pass since I laid my foot on Maldives. To me, it’s a blessing of Allah that I am here. The religious background of the mosque, the friendliness of my colleagues who are always willing to give a helping hand in whatever I need, makes me feel at home. My personal life is healthier and fitter through jogging or morning walks, work-out in the gym and training with the referees in their preparation for the annual fitness test. Food - I have to adapt myself to the culture. Being sea-based, fish is daily menu, chicken will be a bit expensive, and vegetable is difficult in the dish except for carrot and cabbage. No ‘ulam’ like in Malaysia. The people here like to bite in areca nuts after meal with ‘sireh’ – over in Malaysia only old folk do that. Many things are carried out based on interest and pleasure. Friendly games – the service by referees is free but the verbal abuse comes along with it too. Thus, many referees expect to be spoon-fed by FA Maldives, including jogging outfit. Attitude of some are obstacle that need to be changed. For things to change, they must change themselves first. Change must be for the better – innovation. Who knows in one of the islands that we have not laid our eyes on maybe the next FIFA referee of Maldives. I pray to Allah that he give me the strengh and His blessing to see that the programs and planning by me will be materialised, InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment